Pick up from central place at 0700hrs and head for Nairobi National Park. Nairobi National Park Kenya’s first ever National Park is a unique wildlife haven within sight of the city’s skyline. Rhino, buffalo, cheetah, zebra, giraffe, lion and plenty of antelopes and gazelles can be seen roaming in this open plains country with a section of highland forest as well as stretches of broken bush country, deep, rocky valleys and gorges with scrub and long grass.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Nairobi – Central Location|
12:00 Hours Onward
- David Sheldrick rehabilitates baby elephants and other wildlife at a home just outside of Nairobi National Park.
- Visit the Giraffe Centre in Karen. The Giraffe Manor is Africa’s pride of international celebrity- it allows visitors to come close and feed giraffes with their own hands.
- After interacting with the giraffes, we head to Karen Blixen for your lunch
- Later visit the Kazuri beads factory
- This is the beautiful farmhouse where Karen Blixen, author of Out of Africa, lived between 1914 and 1931, until she left Kenya after a series of personal tragedies Kazuri beads –
- Kazuri Beads and Pottery Centre provide a great visit to buy original souvenir from self-help women project where handmade ceramics and jewellery are produced.
- They produce brightly-colored, handmade ceramic jewellery which are sold all over the world.
- It supports literally hundreds of disadvantaged Kenyan women, by providing employment and healthcare services for them and their families.
- It’s a popular place for many tourists who have just a few hours to spend seeing the sights of Nairobi.
- The main showroom and workshop is located at the facility